ITE is pleased to announce open nominations for Chair and Vice-Chair appointments for the following councils and standing committees:
- Coordinating Council
- Transportation Consultants Council
- Transportation Safety Council
- TSMO Council
- Complete Streets Council
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Standing Committee
Nominees should demonstrate these characteristics:
- Serve as an inspiration and mentor to other ITE members
- Proven ability to assemble and motivate volunteer experts
- Harness volunteers' enthusiasm and commitment to meet the goals of ITE
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and follow a plan to achieve goals
- Work with volunteers and headquarters staff to achieve goals
- Proven qualities in decision making, problem-solving, time management and strategic thinking
Appointees will serve up to three consecutive one-year terms.
Please send your response with a not-to-exceed 200-word statement of interest, and resume (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit nominations is March 31. Self-nominations and nominations by others with the consent of the nominee are welcome.
Telephone interviews with nominees will be scheduled in late April. Decision on appointments to a one-year term (2021) will be made by June 1. Incoming Chairs and Vice Chairs will be announced at the August Annual Meeting for the Coordinating Council and at individual council/standing committees. The incoming Chairs and Vice Chairs will work with the existing council/standing committee leadership at the Annual Meeting and through the fall to ensure a smooth transition and develop the 2021 Communication and Action Plan.