At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to:
1) Identify key horizontal and vertical geometric and operational issues
2) Understand the relationship of geometry to safety and geometry to capacity from a
design and construction perspective.
3) Identify issues associated with construction staging and work zone traffic control strategies.
4) Describe non-motorized design treatments for safety.
5) Discuss maintenance management issues including landscaping, snow removal.
6) Recognize design issues pertaining to utilities.