Exciting news from ITE - a brand new Complete Streets Council launched January 1, 2015.
Members Wanted! Volunteers Wanted! Come join us at the TRB meeting or on ITE Community (http://community.ite.org).
Sunday, January 11
10:00 AM-11:30 AM
CC Room 141
The New! ITE Complete Streets Council (CSC) represents and promotes the needs of pedestrians, bicyclists, transit users, freight, autos, and other forms of travel in the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of complete, multi-modal transportation systems. The Council works to position ITE as the go-to resource on multi-modal transportation for its members and as an active partner with other organizations and agencies in this field. As a cross-cutting technical council, the CSC coordinates and showcases ongoing initiatives and evaluates internal and external technical, policy, and institutional opportunities for ITE to become a leader in complete streets.
The following are examples of how being a CSC member will benefit you directly:
Please start or join a discussion on our Community site. Your input is welcome on both technical initiatives and communication/outreach strategies for our new Council in 2015.
- Meaningful on-line discussions of multi-modal transportation planning, funding, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation/measurement.
- Access to professional development training opportunities.
- Ability to mine and share valuable information with similar professionals.
- Opportunity to conduct, sponsor, and review research on multi-modal transportation and complete streets.
- Establishment of lasting professional relationships with your peers.
See you online and hopefully at an ITE meeting this year.
Chair, ITE Complete Streets Council
Meghan Mitman, AICP
Fehr & Peers
San Francisco, CA